Recently...

September 4, 2010

state fair, part I.

As you know, every year I make a pilgrimage to the Minnesota State Fair right before Labor Day weekend. I think I've done this the entire 11 years I've lived in L.A. It's become a family holiday--I opt to go home this time of year, because I loathe traveling at the "real" holidays, and since I'm the Single Gal, I'm the one who gets to travel.

As you can see, the Fair is very popular in Minnesota. The news networks always broadcast from the Fair, and when I lived and worked back there, we usually got a day off to attend. Everybody does it (it's a Midwestern thing).

I think the Lady GaGa scarecrow is what made it really special this year.

The Corn Roast is de rigeur. Also, deliciousness.

As are the garlic fries from BallPark Café. This year, my sister brought her one-year-old, Agatha, and she loved them!

1 comment

lynn @ the actors diet said...

have never been to a state fair yet - am hoping to get to the l.a. one this year. looks awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP