Recently...

March 11, 2011

la brea.

Friday at lunch, I got in my car and drove West on Sunset.

Turned left and headed South on La Brea...

...and drove to Hancock Park.

I love Hancock Park. It is sooooo beautiful in an old-school L.A. kind of way. This apartment building felt like something out of a Raymond Chandler novel, a place Philip Marlowe would go to meet a totally hot starlet who's devious and drunk by noon, and he insults her and then ends up making out with her.

That's exactly what you thought too, right?

I stopped in at Tinga for lunch, a decidedly un-Chandler-esque, but totally delicious new taqueria. I believe I wrote about it on this blog when it first opened.

I had Tacos con Papas Bravas and a Blueberry-Honey-Ginger Lemonade. I took a photo of it, but it sucked, and I just had to get to eating, because I was hungry.

After lunch, I stopped off at that place on the corner of First and La Brea that you always wonder about.
You know what I mean. It looks like this crazy, Hollywood-themed junkyard with all kinds of amazing things.
Well, for your information, it's called "Nick Metropolis's Carnival of Treasures."

It really couldn't have a better name.


Don't you think?

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP