Recently...

March 14, 2011

sunday.

I was ready to spring forward on Sunday.

I drove down to the Mercado La Paloma near USC, right off the 110. It was my first time there.

I went to try a restaurant called Chichen Itza. It's on the list, and I've been on an authentic Mexican food kick. At least I was this weekend. This is the Caldo de Palvo, a soup of turkey broth, shredded turkey, pickled red onions, a cabbage relish, tortilla chips and a squeeze of lime.


I was literally the only non-Latino person in the place, and I know I should have tried something more interesting, but sometimes you just want your comfort food. To me, that means fish tacos. But it also means I'll have to go back and be a bit more adventurous.

Then I went for a walk and took some photos of the flowers that are starting to bloom.


And some of the Toluca Lake mansions I like. I'm all about the Spanish style.



No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP