Recently...

October 21, 2015

into the wild.

Hey there--we're back. Hope you're enjoying the week, and here's a little something to get you to Friday.

I've been wanting to feature the work of artist Andreas Lie for quite some time. These unique prints blend portraits of wild animals and double exposed photographs of forests, mountains--even the Northern Lights. I would imagine these are all common sights in the artist's home of Norway. I like to imagine myself hiking the fjords at nighttime, bears and coyotes galloping at my side.

The details of the photos often mesh perfectly with the texture of the animals' coats. It's as if nature is encompassed within the animal, fading into their silhouettes. If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I love that kind of thing.

Lie's work has been featured on Beautiful Decay, UFunk, This is Colossal and many other art sites. His pieces are available as prints and on other assorted merchandise at Society6.






All art © Andreas Lie

More to love:

This chair and painting from Rachel Bilson's home. Via Lonny magazine.

Photo: Douglas Friedman via Lonny

This cover for my favorite novel.


Source: Trevor Baum


And this Saul Leiter photo.

Source: The New Yorker

That's all for today. I'll be back soon with more to love. xoL

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP