Recently...

March 25, 2015

prague fashion weekend.

Now, I don't fancy myself some hot, young fashion blogger. I don't run with the Gigi Hadid/Kendall Jenner/new Hollywood Brat Pack crowd. I'm certainly not receiving any front-row invites for Fashion Week. And I'm ok with that. I still feel like I'm good enough, smart enough and doggoneit, people like me.

But when I uncover something intriguing in the fashion world, I love it and want to share it with you. You know the drill. This week I was delighted to learn that Prague has a Fashion Weekend!

Being Czech, I have an affinity for Prague. I was SO excited when I visited for the first time. I thought I was entering a staid, regal, Old World European city. What I discovered was a maddening maze of twisty-turny, unmarked streets, color blocked buildings erected on angles and irreverent statues (one pissing, one hung upside down in the rafters of a shopping plaza). There's a sense of iconoclastic artistry everywhere. You start to get Kafka real quick. But it was a wonderful place to do one of the things I love most--get lost.

It only makes sense their fashion community reflects a kind of impertinent eclecticism. 18 local designers were featured during MBPFW, including my favorite, Martina Spetlova.You know I'm a sucker for a bold mix of prints. Combine them with layers of chunky knits, and I'm all in.





 All designs by Martina Spetlova. All photos via #MBPFW

You can see all Prague's Fashion week designers here. And don't miss the stunning street style photos here and here.

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP