Recently...

July 31, 2015

bidwell.

Today we are loving the work of Los Angeles photographer Charlie Bidwell.

I clearly remember the first time I discovered Charlie's photos, about 10 years ago in Skylight Books. I was browsing the cards section and came across his images of the Hollywood sign and the Stardust hotel sign (Vegas, not L.A., but close enough). He brings that dark, film-noir-y mood to all his photos, not only to landmarks of L.A., but signs and buildings from coast to coast, nature and still lifes, even the golf courses he frequents. Please note: Charlie was creating these kinds of images long before anyone could simply download an app and slap a filter on their phone pics (guilty as charged).

These are some of Charlie's classics--the ones I fell in love with. I really think they'll be the stuff of photography history. He's got lots of wonderful, new work, too. I highly recommend checking out his site and his Instagram feed. And he absolutely refuses to take selfies--so you know he's the real deal.






All images (c) Charlie Bidwell via designyourwall.com

A few more things to love today:

This dress.


This Picasso.

Françoise with long neck, 1946 via I am a dreamer

And your Song of the Day: "Random Name Generator" from Star Wars, the new album by Wilco (yes! exciting!).


That's all for now. I hope you found something to love. xoL

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP