Recently...

July 10, 2010

apartamento + the selby.

I got a Facebook update yesterday from Skylight Books announcing that the new issue of Apartamento was in stock, so I had to check it out. Billed as an "Everyday Life Interiors magazine," and published in Milan and Barcelona, it's now in its fifth issue--the first four are completely sold out! It's $39, but it does look like an interesting alternative to the usual home and garden magazines. I'm sure it will sell out quickly. Here are a few pages.


And then I'm totally in love with The Selby, which I desperately wanted to loathe, but I can't, because it's so awesome. It showcases the homes of the super artistic, fashionable and fabulous, but they're not all gussied up for the cameras. They go into kitchen drawers and closets, medicine cabinets, showing favorite knick knacks and details, and the homes and offices always have a natural, lived-in feel you can relate to. It's a lot of fun and I can't wait to get the book for my new coffee table.

The cover of the new book The Selby

The home of (my favorite) makeup artist Dick Page and partner James Gibbs.

The bottom pic is of restauranteur Sean MacPherson's home, which I want to model my whole life around. I can now forgive him for dating Gina Gershon.

2 comments

My Owl Barn said...

I have never heard about this magazine before. It sure does look pretty. That room with brick wall is stunning!

Anonymous said...

what inspiring spaces! thanks for sharing.

xo Alison

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP