Recently...

August 5, 2010

work, work, work + lobster.

Man, it's been almost a month since I last blogged. What a bummer. But that's how busy I've been with work. It's just been crazy, working all hours and every Saturday. So, not only do I not have time to blog, I have nothing to blog about. I know, I know. Everyone get out their tiny violins. But no more, excuses--I'm back.

One bright spot in all the drudgery has been the discovery of this amazing little place right in my home town of Toluca Lake, the SweetSalt Shop. It's another one of these little French market-type places, and let me tell you, it is worth the trip to Toluca Lake.

My friend Kim and I both splurged and got the Lobster Roll, and let me tell you, it was something else. I've had the one at The Hungry Cat, which is supposedly the best in L.A., but I beg to differ. Of course, neither are as good as the one I always have at Gregg's, when I visit my sister in Providence, but come on, how can you compare an L.A. lobster roll to a New England one? It's just not fair.

I also had a Celery Fennel Soup which was out of this world, and Kim ordered a bread pudding drizzled with a salty caramel sauce, which knocked us both on our asses. Seriously, it was one of those meals that you never forget. It ranks right up there with Alegria, which consistently serves the tastiest food, and Lucques, where I had most memorable L.A. meal ever.

So now I'm back, into the blogging mode, but I have to go home and relax with the new episode of Jersey Shore.

4 comments

Anonymous said...

Lexa. Love the new look and I want to go to all these places! Good to be busy, but glad you are back!

lynn said...

you've convinced me - i'm going out to toluca lake!!!

Lexa said...

Love you Pat!

Lynn--you have to go--you'll love it!

Robin Palmer said...

Oh, I want a lobster roll now! And some bread pudding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP