Recently...

March 31, 2011

food trucks & flowers.

Last weekend I went to a little shindig here in North Hollywood, a benefit for a dog rescue. It was cold and rainy and I just wanted to stay in with my own rescued dog, but I really haven't partaken enough in the food truck craze.


I liked this truck "No Tomatoes" which served Indian food with--you guessed it--no tomatoes. Except for the Tandoori, which is the only dish that requires tomatoes. I had a Kathi roll with potatoes which was so delicious, I almost went back and got another. Almost.






I also had a fish and shrimp taco from the Komodo truck which were also good. They were both topped with a grape salad, which I had never seen on tacos before. I liked it.

I took a lot of pictures of flowers, too. I just let the dog drag me around now, and she goes down some new streets in the neighborhood, with flowers I haven't seen yet.


One of my favorite new blogs is Eastside Food Bites. Blogger Valentina just posted an article on the "Din Din a Go Go" at the 99 Cent store in Highland Park every Tuesday. Can't wait to go to this. Also, since I've been coming home for lunch to walk the dog, I've noticed a lot of food trucks across the street from Universal City. I thought it might be fun to take the dog and go.

1 comment

Mouse said...

Wow. Those are some vibrant plants. The delphinium and wisteria, holy goodness. I wish our flowers were blooming as brightly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP