Recently...

March 14, 2017

trash riot.

Hi, it's Lexa. I'm back and blogging again.

I think I may have mentioned this before, but in 2014 I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, and shortly afterwards I revamped the blog from "Toy Tanks & Chinese Firecrackers" to "Love Lexa." I really wanted to make it about all the things I love so muchart, collage, photography, design, music, food and filmjust to name a few. But then the the unexpected happenedI got a new job, I was diagnosed with cancer again and managing a blog full-time just became too much.
After shuttering it for a few months, I was again diagnosed with cancer and this time had to go on disability. I thought the blog would keep me occupied while I rested most days, but the chemo was so draining. On the stronger types of chemo, it's difficult to even watch a movie or read a book. I often resorted to watching sitcoms and SNL sketches. It's all I have the attention span for. Again, I bid the blog good-bye.

And then just this week, that little flicker came backhow much I love scouring the internet for new art and photography and what's closest to my heartcollage. And I thought why not? What the hell? Let's give it another go.

So here we are again, back open for business. I'll just be posting at my own pace, for family and friends and the few people who love what I love as much as I love it. Without any further adieu, let's see what we're loving today...

Many moons ago, I posted a collage by Philadelphia-based artist Trash Riot. I loved it so much, I brought his work back as today's feature. I true "riot" of color, humor and on-what-planet-have-I-landed-nessheh, heh. This is what I like to call classical collage--50's vintage photos combined with a sci-fi flair. Many throw these images together, but few do it with the artistry of Trash Riot.

Free Falling

Future Landscapes

Laissez Faire

Orbital Noise

Requiem

Skydiving
All images (c) Trash Riot

And here's a few more things to love today.

I love this article "The Final Resting Places of Seven Famous Dogs."

Via Atlas Obscura


I love this vintage film poster.


And I love this: your Song of the Day.


Have a wonderful week. I'll be back with more to love. xoL

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP