Recently...

May 20, 2015

jonas wood.

Hi. We're back, and today we're loving the art of Jonas Wood.

I've been wanting to feature Mr. Wood's work for some time, and his graphic line drawings--both botanical and whimsical--pop up on many of the sites I follow. This L.A.-based artist draws mostly plants, urban houses and wonderfully-detailed interiors (also: dogs--bonus!). It all feels like a modern-day jungle.

But Wood hails from Boston, and you'll notice he throws in touches of old-school Bean Town to quintessential L.A. scenes. A living room that looks like retro wallpaper seats a brah in a Celtics jersey shirt smoking a cigarette. Look out onto an idyllic California patio, and you'll spy a balding dude in boxers creeping. I love it when art makes me chuckle. I also love his landscapes of crowded homes, both East Coast- and West Coast-style.

Wood has also been commissioned to do large-scale, outdoor art--a billboard at Manhattan's High Line and the exterior of LAXArt. I guess it's opportune that I waited to feature him, because tomorrow night he will be signing copies of Jonas Wood: Paintings and Drawings at Family, 436 North Fairfax from 7-9 p.m. I think it will be fun.











Interior with Fireplace, 2012


MV Landscape, 2008

Schindler Apts, 2013

Green Room, 2012



                                            Shelf Still Life, High Line Billboard, 2014



LAXArt Facade, 2014
All art (c) Jonas Wood via the David Kordansky and Anton Kern Galleries

That's all for today. I think it's enough--don't you? But I'll be back with more soon. Love, L.

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP