Recently...

May 27, 2015

muku.

Hello, and happy #humpday. I'm completely thrown off this week because of the holiday--I've been writing "Tuesday" on EVERYTHING this morning. Gah.

Anyway, we're back, and today we're in love with a wonderful fashion boutique out of Lithuania(!) I discovered on Pinterest. Founded in 2009, muku is the collaboration of designers and partners, Dovilé and Mindaugas. They craft the most beautiful pieces (for both women and kids) primarily in linens woven in one of Europe's oldest factories.

My mom recently said to me, "You sure do like some frumpy clothes." While I am trying be more fashionably open-minded (and a tad more body-baring) these days, I have to say that the loose tunic dress/chunky black shoes look is one that will always be dear to my heart. And I love how this brand states their philosophy: "Muku respects the right to move freely." Take that, Mom.

Here are some of my favorite looks from the S/S 2015 collection.







All photos (c) muku blog

A few more things to get you over the hump:

I impulsively bought a tour package for Italy yesterday! Going to Rome, Venice and Florence--kicking it all off in NYC. It's not until December, but I'm already excited.

I read that it's chilly in December, but not so cold that you can't be outdoors comfortably. There are much fewer tourists this time of year, and the cities start bringing out the holiday decorations. I thought that would a fun twist on my adventure.

Photo of Rome via Classy in the City

Love these covers for Faulkner's books by cartoonist and illustrator André François.


Love this alternative poster for Gravity.

By Sivakumar via Fuck Yeah Movie Posters

And I love this photo of an old-school biker girl. It makes me think of a book I read last year around this time, The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner.

Velocette via Age of Diesel


That's all for today...see you tomorrow with more to love. xoLexa.


No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP