Recently...

May 29, 2015

weekend.

Lord, help me. There is so much going on this weekend, my head is spinning. Don't know where to start, so I'm just going to throw myself in and see what happens. But I can't do all this myself--I'll need some help here.

FRIDAY

The Oh Wow Gallery hosts "Aqua Regia," a series by Luis Gispert displaying gold chains wrapped around asphalt shapes.

Photo via New York Times

The David Kordansky Gallery presents "Painting (Organic)," a new exhibition by artist Andrew Dadson.

Ocean Wave, 2015, by Andrew Dadson

I've been really intrigued by Heidi Duckler pop-up dance performances. Tonight she presents  "Chinatown Blues" in--yes, Chinatown.

Photo via LA Times

Burlypicks California Regional competition features local burlesque talent (and there's lots of that in L.A.!) at Club Fais Do Do.

Photo by Nanette Gonzalez via LA Weekly

And the new music series, Next on Grand, continues at Disney Hall. Dudamel conducts the Phil in the world premiere of Steven Mackey's Mnemosyne's Pool. Also on the program: Steve Reich's video opera Three Tales.

Photo by Lawrence K. Ho via LA Times

SATURDAY

Atlas Obscura is a website devoted to exploring the weird wonders of the world. Check out the L.A. events happening for Obscura Day 2015. Participants include the Valley Relics Museum in Chatsworth and an abandoned hospital in Downey.

Photo via Here in Van Nuys

There's a Ranier Werner Fassbinder double feature at the Egyptian, featuring Veronika Voss and The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant.









And Cinespia is showing Vertigo at the Hollywood Cemetery. I went a couple of weekends ago for Mulholland Drive, and it was awesome.




 
My beloved Courtney Barnett, the little pistol out of Melbourne, plays The Roxy.

Photo by Mia Mala McDonald via Pitchfork

SUNDAY

If you're not familiar with Bats Day in Fun Park--as I wasn't until last week--it's an annual event where the Goths descend on Disneyland. As fascinating as this sounds, I still don't think it's intriguing enough to make me drive down to Anaheim. However my illustrious colleague Treiops Treyfid will be there in full regalia.

Photo by Christopher Victorio via OC Weekly

The Los Angeles River Center and Gardens hosts the 4th Annual Taste of the Eastside.

Photo by Shanna Gillette via LA Weekly

The William Wellman: Hollywood Rebel retrospective takes place at UCLA's Billy Wilder Theater. Screening Beggars of Life and Wild Boys of the Road.





Whew, we're done. Now I need to rest up a bit before heading out. Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you soon. Love, Lexa.





No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP