Recently...

July 20, 2015

window seat.

Happy Monday! Just got back from my second of three summer vacations--although this was more a of a retreat than a true vacay. I have some lovely pics from the weekend, and I plan to post them tomorrow.

So, let's get right to what we're loving today, the "window seat" paintings of Jim Darling. Landscapes, cityscapes, abstract skies--the scenes you gaze out at when you're miles up in the air. There's feelings of both peace and turbulence, of being lost in the clouds, of floating above the world in these dreamy works. As the artist says,

                   "At some point, on each flight I've been on, I think about sitting on a 
                    chair in the sky, and it seems crazy every time."

And the idea of framing each painting with an airplane window is genius. Who would've thought?






All art (c) Jim Darling via This Is Colossal

You can see more of this amazing work at the artist's site and on Instagram. I thought this was just perfect for a Monday, and I hope you did, too.

I'll be back tomorrow with more to love. xoLexa.

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP