Recently...

July 13, 2015

interlude: road trip.

So, I just opened an e-mail with the subject line "NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR VACATION PHOTOS." And guess what this post is about? Ha, ha...I love a bit of harmonic convergence.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you a little about last week's road trip to the Bay Area. I always think I'm going to have this incredible adventure on one of the world's most beautiful coastal routes--all in one day. Then I'm overwhelmed by everything there is to see and do, and how it takes at least a few days to a week to explore just a portion of it.

Sometimes pictures do a better job of telling the story, so here they are. And hopefully there will be lots more to come.

Started the coastal portion of the drive in Cambria

It's been so long since I've passed through Big Sur, I forget how the steep windy roads can make you nauseous. But it's totally worth it. It's just miles and miles of the most breathtaking scenery--ocean and bluffs and green, green trees. My future Big Sur goals include: camping, attending a workshop at the Esalen Institute and visiting the Henry Miller Library.


Of course, I had to stop at McWay Falls and take the de rigeur Big Sur shot.

I mean, come on

I saw some beautiful flowers along the way.


Once I met up with my family in San Jose, we took a trip to Monterey. I reminds me a lot of where I grew up in Annapolis, MD--only with a less colonial and more of a sleepy West Coast vibe.

A stroll down Cannery Row

The reason for our jaunt was to show me the wonderful Monterey Bay Aquarium. My sister's family loves this place so much, she got a job there!

25,000 sardines and one very happy mahi mahi

On Sunday, we stopped at the Campbell Farmers Market. I'm happy to report it was just as wonderful as L.A.'s markets.


One day, my sister and I visited the Montalvo Arts Center and Hiking Trail. We trekked up (the equivalent of 47 flights of stairs) to an overlook with a breathtaking view of Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay.

 Behold the mighty, mighty redwoods (and these are just the baby ones)

Driving home, we stopped for ceviche in Santa Barbara and played on the beach at the Ventura County line.

Rush hour, Malibu style

Have a a wonderful week. I'll be back with more to love. xoL.


No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP