Recently...

April 15, 2015

chickens.

This week, I came across artist Holly Frean's portraits of chickens on plates and fell madly in love.

These are paintings from a recent exhibition at Anthropologie in London. The unique, colorful beauty she lends her subjects reminds me why I almost never eat chickens. She also works magic with portraits of dogs, cats--and yes, even humans.

You can view more of her gorgeous work at her site and at artsy.net. There are still a few plate designs for sale at anthropologie.eu.

30 Chickens no. 1 via artsy.net

30 Chickens no. 6 via artsy.net



Plates available at anthropologie.eu
All art (c) Holly Frean

More to love:

Cinespia has announced their schedule for late April/May, and The Godfather (April 25th) is already sold out! I'm most excited for Vertigo and Mulholland Drive.

Poster by TinyButDeadly via Deviant Art

Poster by kuse2ooo via Deviant Art

This gorgeous botanical print number from Seed Store in San Francisco is the perfect summer dress (IMHO).



I've mentioned my friend and artist Jeff Newman before--one of his brilliant paintings hangs in my living room. He is having a show at NUisms Art Show this Saturday night, April 18th at Vapor Star Beverly Hills, 7-11 p.m.


Art (c) Jeff Newman

Anyone who pokes fun at Coachella fashion? I'm in love.

Photos: Rachel Murray/Getty Images via nymag

And here's your Song of the Day, courtesy of the delightful Murder City Devils.


No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP