Recently...

July 6, 2015

into the wild.

Hello! I hope you had a lovely, relaxing holiday weekend. I certainly did, visiting with my sister and her family here in San Jose. The South Bay/Silicon Valley area is so different from Southern California it amazes me. Even though there are boatloads of people here too, it always feels so rural and peaceful.

I've also had the opportunity to spend some quality time with my six-year-old niece Agatha, and boy, have I learned a lot. She took me to her favorite place--the Monterey Bay Aquarium, treated me to a vast collection of My Little Ponies (and anointed me Applejack) and educated me to me at length about her current favorite animal. The caracal is a gorgeous African cat that sports long, black-tufted ears, can jump up to nine feet in the air to catch birds, and--in addition to purring--may also bark like a dog.


It's been fascinating to experience a child's pure connection to animals (especially to one she will never encounter in her daily experience), and it inspires today's post. Take a peek at the gorgeous, black and white watercolors of Indonesian artist Elicia Edijanto. Her paintings of children befriended and protected by animals in the wild are eerie, silent adventures that evoke a moody stillness. You can see more of the artist's incredible work on Behance and Instagram.






All work (c) Elicia Edijanto

Just a few more things to love today:

This dress.


This book.

Cover design by Paul Hogarth

And this photo.

Cape Canaveral, Florida, 1963 by Richard Avedon

Tomorrow I'll be driving back down to Los Angeles, but I'll be back soon with more to love. xoL

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

UP